I had my first experience with bookmarking in a website (Delicious, see picture) and I discovered that it is another wonderful tool to reduce time and difficulties in searching for information on the web. Compared to google, it is more precise because it goes straight to the main and most useful sites, eliminating spam or pages that do not pertain to our specific search. I believe that this precision is due to Delicious' restrained field of investigation: it digs out information from a narrower space than the entire net so they are better selected and classified.
I had a look at Anna's bookmarks and I found out that she likes a rockband that so do I, Radiohead! They are not my favourite band but one of the bests, anyway. She chose to save the link to some news about them in the NYT but I would suggest her to see other sites with much more complete information about the band, e.g. <http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/> or <http://www.ateaseweb.com/>
In Valentina's choices there is a very interesting and useful site that helps in the search of a job in Europe or all over the world! I am very pleased to know sites like this exist because they are to be my starting point to look for a job when I'll graduate! She provided also a good description on "notes", catching the reader's attention :)
That's all about bookmarks!
Have a nice weekend!
Cheers
Sara
I had a look at Anna's bookmarks and I found out that she likes a rockband that so do I, Radiohead! They are not my favourite band but one of the bests, anyway. She chose to save the link to some news about them in the NYT but I would suggest her to see other sites with much more complete information about the band, e.g. <http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/
In Valentina's choices there is a very interesting and useful site that helps in the search of a job in Europe or all over the world! I am very pleased to know sites like this exist because they are to be my starting point to look for a job when I'll graduate! She provided also a good description on "notes", catching the reader's attention :)
That's all about bookmarks!
Have a nice weekend!
Cheers
Sara
You're totally right, Sara! Delicious is much better than Google! I personally use Google a lot, but it's true that sometimes you just find spam or some silly websites that don't fit at all with the topic you're searching! So, good to know that Delicious exists! : )
RispondiElimina